Monday, January 20, 2014

Anywhere But Here




I think the genetics of being Irish are that you sort of prefer when it's rainy and cloudy. It's just genetic. ~ Kate Flannery

Whatever you say, Kate Flannery.

I may be Irish but I was born in California and I am not intended for this kind of weather. It has been gray for four days in a row and I am about to go stir crazy. Cabin fever has set in. We did get out today to take a family member to the airport. I shot this picture on the way home.
 
I don't often feel this way, but today I'd rather be anywhere but here. The gray, drizzling fog/rain makes my bones ache and awakens a hungry monster that never seems to get enough to eat. I found myself fanaticizing about my old workplace in Arizona calling me and begging me to come back. I'm pretty sure at the peak of today, I would have gone.
 
This girl needs some sunshine ... soon.
 
love, susan

6 comments:

  1. I feel for you. The sunshine was great here today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. Every time I start to think I like Michigan it has a disgusting bout for a few days. We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here ... I love this place except on gray days. :-)

      Delete
  3. Totally get it. We are having rain in January up here in Alaska. But I am headed to Mexico for treatments sunday so i am hoping in between treatments I can get out on the patio for some sun. lol
    danielle

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...