Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 ~ CREATE

Here we go! A change in gear for me as the new year starts today. I like it. For some, it may be just another day but for me it is a starting point for trying on new ideas and thinking in a slightly different way.
 
This is my fourth year of reflecting and choosing a theme word for the new year. My previous words have been FOCUS, MINIMIZE and most recently DEVELOP
 
While thinking about what I'd like to accomplish in 2015, the other words that came to mind were read, write and photograph. I didn't want to choose just one so I wondered what action word I could adopt that would encompass all three?
 
CREATE: to cause (something) to happen
as a result of one's actions.
  • Make time for reading. I want to read 52 books this year and write short reviews on each one. A lofty goal.
  • Continue writing my memoir and take a writing course or two.
  • Keep stretching in my photography skills. I have a lot to learn and there are so many resources to choose from.
  • Try new recipes
I mentioned earlier my previous action words have served me well. I've learned to focus on the tasks at hand, minimizing the things I can remove from my life that clutter it up, whether it is material junk or time-sucks. Developing new habits will remain a constant in my plan to create the time and space I need to read, write and photograph.

That, my friends, is how it's done. I'm excited about my future. Got ideas? Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you!

love, susan



6 comments:

  1. Love to try some of your recipes..bet they be yummy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to add some recipes to my recipe blog. Between work, husband, dogs, traveling, reading and photography, cooking has taken a back burner. Pun intended!

      Delete
  2. I love you word and I like all of your goals. I am busy working on my goals now! Thanks for dropping by my blog today

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's only 3 days but it's been good so far! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see your direction and I not only take strength from it, I also apply it. Thank you Susan, you are a dear person in my life today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful goals. In WA you have so many wonderful things to photograph too! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...