Monday, January 11, 2016

Three Days After Christmas







A road trip yesterday led me to stand out in the middle of the bridge in Prosser to shoot this calm winter day. I'm not sure when I've ever experience zero wind but I was thankful for the calmness and sheer beauty of the moment captured here. Just prior to this shot, two bald eagles flew overhead.  This was the perfect ending to a hard week. Or perhaps the beginning of a better week, whichever way you look at it. Friends buried their 2 1/2 year old baby on Thursday. Three days after Christmas his heart stopped beating. The service was as beautiful as that sort of thing can be. I wasn't going to attend but at the last minute realized it was not about me. The speaker must have said the word love about a hundred times and I felt it. Their baby had many physical challenges but I never saw him or photos of him without a huge grin on his face. He brought joy to this planet, that was his purpose. At the end of the service, they played a home video where he was responding to his mother's voice. He never talked but he tried. Everyone attending the service was touched by him in one way or another.  His smile will be forever etched in my mind.



Life surprises me every single day, just like those eagles flying overhead. Take a look around. There is so much to experience. Some things are hard but even in the difficult events there often is something to be positive about. Do not be discouraged.
 
love, susan 


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...